All photography provided by Connor Brownell.
VOLUNTEER, ENGAGE, EXPLORE ST ANDREWS.
The Fellowship aims to serve at the heart of town-gown relations in St Andrews through volunteering opportunities, fundraising, and public events that promote our sense of shared community and history.
We are a not-for-profit organisation registered in Scotland, SC426477, which looks to forge and strengthen ties among those who call St Andrews home, through promoting its shared history and supporting the local community. We advocate servant leadership and partnership driven philanthropy. By employing a diversity of skills and perspectives we hope to meet these goals, remain innovative, and engage a larger portion of the St Andrean community.
What We've Achieved
- The Fellowship’s highest profile project to date was in celebration of the 600th Anniversary of the University of St Andrews.
- Organising the St Andrews Day Celebrations, with the street ceilidh and the Christmas Light switch-on is now a yearly tradition at the heart of our organisation:
- For three consecutive years, we have been welcoming up to 2,000 locals and the students.
- Building lasting partnership with Class Gift ensuring that all funds raised at our student events go to bursaries for future students of St Andrews.
- A yearly fundraiser in the form of a "Student for Student" event organised by an Artistic Director chosen among our Fellows. This year: Szentek.
- Restoration project with the Botanic Gardens, Craigtoun Gardens and St Mary's gardens.
- Helping hand projects with Rymonth house and the Storehouse Food Bank in St Andrews.